Céline Bey is an expert in Intellectual Property (IP) and information technology (IT) with almost 20 years of experience.
She has a broad legal expertise in all fields of IP (trademarks, patents, design, software and copyright) and IT (data protection, domain names) and in unfair competition.
Céline works with a large range of industry sectors such as luxury goods, high-tech, pharmaceutical and health sector, manufacturing, automotive, retail and internet.
Appearing before the French courts has enable Celine to forge a reputation for excellence, speed and determination. She has a deep rooted understanding of French litigation procedure and she has become recognised as a major player on the French market for trademarks and patents and for handling complex Internet and pan-European litigations.
Celine also helps clients in all aspects of non-contentious IP. She has a longstanding experience in the management and the enforcement of IP rights including trademark clearance, risk assessment, oppositions and settlement agreements. Celine has also a strong practice in negotiating technological partnership agreements.
Celine has been constantly top ranked and is a legal 500 recommended lawyer.
Clients praise Celine’s responsiveness and say that she is “thoughtful and knowledgeable”.
After studying French law at the Sorbonne as part of her initial degree, Céline completed a Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures Spécialisées) in Intellectual Property and Information Technology at the University of Paris XI in 1996, and graduated from the Paris Political Sciences Institute. She was admitted to the French Bar in 1998.
Céline speaks fluent French and English.
Céline is a member of AIPPI, INTA, MARQUES and EPLAW (European Patent Lawyers Association).
- Gowling WLG, Partner – from: January 2017
- Herbert Smith Freehills Paris LLP – Of Counsel, IP/TMT – March 2003 to December 2016
- Deloitte & Touche – Associate – March 2000 to March 2003
- Thomas & Associés – Associate – October 1997 to March 2000
- DESS (Postgraduate diploma) in Intellectual Property and Information Technology – Paris XI University (1996)
- LLB in International Civil Law – Institution: Panthéon-Sorbonne University (Paris I) (1994)
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques – Paris (Paris Higher School for Political Studies) (1993)