Women on boards
Could you join a board? And more importantly, do you want to? How do you find the roles? What are the keys to build a successful non-executive director role?
Our panel will discuss what nominating and governance committees are looking for, what issues are on their horizon, and what it takes to strategically build a non-executive board portfolio. Panelists will also exchange on practical insights to design and implement a board campaign, and successfully land a position.
AGENDA topics will include:
· The evolution of women on non-executive boards, in the United States and Europe
· The value of non-executive or trustee role for your career
· What a headhunter is looking for in a non-executive candidate
· Nominating/governance committee priorities i.e. ESG, CEO succession, board composition, board diversity, board performance and effectiveness
· How best to approach the board campaign and how it differs from looking for a job
· Getting your story right i.e. board ‘value add’, communication
Dominique PotironConsultant at Spencer Stuart.
Consultant at Spencer Stuart. Dominique is a member of Spencer Stuart’s Board and CEO practices and the Global Financial Services Practice
Isabelle MacElhonePartner at Reed Smith
Partner at Reed Smith. Isabelle has an extensive experience handling cross-border transactions, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
Karen Linehan Non-executive director VEON, GARDP, AELIS FARMA, CNH INDUSTRIAL, former Executive vice president, legal affairs and general counsel at SanofiKaren LinehanNon-executive director VEON, GARDP, AELIS FARMA, CNH INDUSTRIAL, former Executive vice president, legal affairs and general counsel at Sanofi
Non-executive director VEON, GARDP, AELIS FARMA, CNH INDUSTRIAL, former Executive vice president, legal affairs and general counsel, Sanofi and founding member of Sanofi’s Gender Balance Board.
Thaima SammanPartner at SAMMAN
Partner at SAMMAN, President at European Network for Women In Leadership